Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Shower #1

Brandon's friend Kathleen and her mom Sue hosted a ladies tea and baby shower for her on Saturday afternoon. Both my Mom, Edith, and Brandon's Mom, Pam, were in attendance, as well as some of the ladies in our extended family, and her close friends. It is moments like these that again humble us because we realize what wonderful friends and family we have to support us. Brandon had a wonderful time, and we thank everyone who was able to come and share in the experience and preparation for Alina's homecoming.

I, on the other hand, occupied myself by working on the baby's room with my father-in-law, Rick. We put up crown molding, which is now ready for me to paint this next weekend. Once that is done and I move the rest of my baseball card & memorabilia collection (aka "clutter") out of her closet, I think her room will be just about ready. Given how much stuff we received at the shower, and the already increasingly limited storage space we have, I realized that I am going to have to be a little more critical of the items that make it to the "keep pile". Who knew the amount of accoutrements a baby has to have? It's unbelievable!

No comments: