Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Homeland Security finally got something right

We received our form today that allows us to get our fingerprints done for our FBI background check! And before you ask, the answer is yes - this is a 2nd and completely different background check than the one the Texas DPS is conducting.

You may remember the problems we had with USCIS several months ago. Well, our homestudy was mailed to the Dallas office of USCIS in January, but our original application was sitting in the pending homestudy file in the Tulsa office. We e-mailed the Dallas office back on Feb 13th asking them to track down our application from the Tulsa office.

A week went by, and we heard nothing, so I e-mailed the Tulsa office asking them to track down our homestudy. Thankfully, they e-mailed me back the same day and said they would get the homestudy forwarded to them so that they could process it. At the same time, they also said they would mail us our fingerprint instruction form. We weren't holding our breath waiting for it, so it was to our complete surprise we received it today (only 3 business days after we heard from them). I am surprised I didn't pass out when Brandon called me at work to tell me that we had received it.

So now we have 90 days to go get our fingerprints taken so that they can complete a separate background check (because obviously one isn't good enough - yeah, right).

And in case you were wondering, the Dallas office e-mailed me back 2 days after the Tulsa office responded to me to let me know that Tulsa would be doing the processing. Gee, thanks for the "news"!

No comments: