Saturday, September 22, 2007

Well, we're waiting.....

It's been 3 weeks since US CIS received our application to adopt a child, and still we have heard nothing. We should have received a receipt of some type, which would tell us that they received it, that our case is pending, and what the actual case number is.

We have called the 800 customer service number and they can only help you if you have a receipt. I am not sure if you remember this or not, but just a moment ago I mentioned that THEY HAVEN'T SENT US ONE! We sent an e-mail to their customer service address and haven't heard anything yet. I think they have e-mailed us back 3 of the 4 times we have sent e-mail to this address, but it typically takes a few days.

Unfortunately, this process would try the patience of a saint. For those of you who know me, you know that my father was a minister, but I am not a saint. Very far from it, actually. So you know the top of my head is about 3 milliseconds from completely blowing off.

All we can do at this point is continue to work on our paperwork for the adoption agency. We also have to begin putting together our documents for our dossier to be sent to the Russian government. So at least we can keep our end of the process moving, even if the wheels in the rest of the process have ground to a complete hault.

I guess I should explain all the in's and out's of the application process in one of my posts. It might give you some idea of all the hoops you have to jump through when adopting a child. I'll try to get to that in the next few days.

No comments: